RWB is seeking a Plumbing Designer with 8+ years of design experience to join our growing team! This is a full-time position based in our Dallas, TX office.
At RWB Consulting Engineers, we thrive on designing solutions for challenging problems. At RWB, you’ll work under our experienced leaders and gain valuable project experience alongside engineers that are just as motivated as you.
- Your responsibilities would include preparation of plumbing production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- You will be responsible for designing plumbing systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- You will be interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing plumbing documentation, managing others and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
- You will be coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations.
- Coordinate with other consultants, natural gas providers, local authorities having jurisdiction, applicable local codes and ordinances.
What We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience designing plumbing systems for commercial buildings. That includes all aspects of design for building plumbing and fire protection systems including equipment sizing/selection and pipe routing and sizing. Basic plumbing systems include but are not limited to: sanitary waste/vent system, grease waste/vent systems, acid waste/vent systems, primary/secondary roof drainage system, domestic cold water, central domestic hot water distribution systems, natural gas piping systems, compressed air systems, and fire protection systems.
- 8+ years of experience in plumbing design.
- We strongly prefer candidates that have CPD (Certified in Plumbing Design) certification.
- Basic knowledge of fire protection systems and related devices and equipment including fully automatic wet sprinkler systems, dry sprinkler systems, pre-action systems, standpipe systems and non-water base fire protection systems.
- You must be able to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems is a plus.
- Experience with industry standard software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Involvement with industry groups such as American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) is beneficial, but not required.
Employees that succeed at RWB thrive in a fast-paced team environment. Our team members are capable of handling multiple projects, including managing the tasks and deadlines to bring each to completion. Our team has excellent written and verbal communication skills. RWB engineers love a good design challenge!
Working for RWB
All our openings are based in Dallas, TX. Competitive benefits package includes employee health / vision / dental / life insurance, Simple IRA with matching options, and performance bonuses. Learn more about what it’s like to work for us by visit our website at rwb.net.
Interested? Great. Email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line, “Plumbing Engineer”.