Looking for a new opportunity? Make your next career move as an electrical engineer at RWB Consulting Engineers. At RWB, you’ll work under our experienced leaders and gain valuable project experience.
We are seeking a mid-level electrical engineer with 4-6 years of experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate would have progressive commercial building design experience. Applicants that have their Professional Engineer license in Texas are preferred. Our firm does a ton of work in Revit. So, the person we look for to fill this role will already be an expert in Revit MEP.
If you’re ready to apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to highlight your project design experience, as well as the work you have done in Revit.
Electrical Engineer Job Description
- Preparation of Electrical production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- Designing Electrical power, lighting, and special systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- Interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing mechanical documentation, managing others and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
- Coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations.
Design Experience for Electrical Engineer Roles
We expect candidates at the mid-level to have experience designing:
- Power distribution
- General and special lighting systems
- Day lighting systems
- Lighting control systems
- Emergency power distribution systems including generators and uninterruptible power systems
- Special systems to include fire alarm, public address, and sound reinforcement systems.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in mechanical design.
- EIT required as a minimum; P.E. license in Texas is preferred.
- Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD.
- Experience in Revit MEP.
- Familiarity with plumbing design and mechanical systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with structured cabling design is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard software. For example, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and COMcheck.
- Experience with electrical design programs including SKM electrical system analysis for Short Circuit, Voltage Drop, and Electrical Breaker Sizing. Also, experience with Visual, which is a photometric design calculation program, is helpful.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Send your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download a PDF of the job description here: Mid-Level Electrical Engineer.