If you’re ready to advance your career, apply to this mechanical engineer opportunity at RWB. We have over 30 years of experience with designing MEP systems in North Texas and beyond. Join our growing team!
Our latest career opportunity is for a mid-level mechanical engineer. So, we’d like to see at least 4-6 years of relevant HVAC experience. The ideal candidate would have progressive commercial building design experience. Applicants that have their Professional Engineer license in Texas are preferred. Since our firm does a lot of work with Revit, applicants need to be proficient in the software.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description
- Preparation of HVAC production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- Designing mechanical HVAC systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- Interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing mechanical documentation, managing others and mentoring junior staff.
- Coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are in-line with client expectations.
Design Experience for Mechanical Engineer Roles
We expect candidates at the mid-level to have experience designing:
- Central plants (4-pipe and 2-pipe) utilizing chillers, boilers & cooling tower
- Constant and variable flow pumping systems
- Constant and variable flow air handling units
- Temperature control & energy management systems
- Piping systems
- Ductwork systems
- Variable air volume (VAV) terminal units
- Ground source heat pump systems
- Water chemical treatment systems
- Packaged chillers
- Packaged roof top A/C units
- Split direct expansion A/C unit systems
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in mechanical design.
- EIT required as a minimum; P.E. license in Texas is preferred.
- Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD.
- Experience in Revit MEP.
- Familiarity with plumbing design and electrical systems is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard software. For example, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and COMcheck.
- Experience with HVAC load calculation programs. For example: Carrier HAP, Trane Trace and eQuest. Energy modeling experience is a bonus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Send your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download a PDF of the job description here: Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer.