This is an excellent opportunity for a plumbing engineer to join our team at RWB. Our plumbing team works on a variety of unique projects – not just restrooms and locker rooms. If you’re ready for something more, consider joining our plumbing team at RWB!
This opening is for a mid-level plumbing engineer. The person with the best fit would have 4-6 years of relevant experience. We’d also like to see candidates that have progressive commercial building design experience. Our team does a lot of work in Revit. So, Revit MEP experience is a must.
Sound like you? Please forward resume, including detailed experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plumbing Designer Job Description
- Candidate’s responsibilities would include preparation of plumbing production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- Candidate will be responsible for designing plumbing systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- Candidate’s responsibilities will include interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing plumbing documentation, managing others and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
- Coordinate with other consultants, natural gas providers, local authorities having jurisdiction, applicable local codes and ordinances.
- Candidate experience should include all aspects of design for building plumbing and fire protection systems including equipment sizing/selection and pipe routing and sizing. Basic plumbing systems include but are not limited to: sanitary waste/vent system, grease waste/vent systems, acid waste/vent systems, primary/secondary roof drainage system, domestic cold water, central domestic hot water distribution systems, natural gas piping systems, compressed air systems, and fire protection systems.
Design Experience for Plumbing Engineer Roles
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in plumbing design.
- Basic knowledge of fire protection systems and related devices and equipment including fully automatic wet sprinkler systems, dry sprinkler systems, pre-action systems, standpipe systems and non-water base fire protection systems.
- Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD.
- Experience in Revit MEP.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and electrical systems is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Involvement with industry groups such as American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) is beneficial, but not required.
You can download a PDF of this job description here: Mid-Level Plumbing Engineer